Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Schoooool's out for SUMMA!

Helllllooooo!!

It's a good day everyone; the sun is shining, and school is OVER. Another year is completed, and I could not be happier.  Now is when the real fun begins: the frantic packing and trying to decide what stays here and what will go home with me, the search for things that I still want for Costa Rica, the anticipation of leaving, and the hopeless search for more time to spend with my family and friends before I leave..

I realize that I am only hoping to find that time so I don't have to leave, which is funny since I am so excited to go. I am excited to fly on a plane to a far away place. I am excited to be DRENCHED in sweat instead of still shivering in my house in May.  I'm excited to be on an adventure that is all my own.  I also realize that this summer will be a summer that I will probably remember forever.  I know that when I come back, I will be a totally different person because I will have had the chance to truly experience something on my own.  You may be asking yourself, isn't that what college is for? And honestly, I thought the same thing.  But as I think of all the changes that I will be making this summer, I know that it will be a life altering experience.  I will not have a phone for constant and immediate contact at all times.  I will not have air conditioning (most likely).  I will have a new "family" to call my own.  I will see things that I have never seen before like volcanoes and the rain forest! There are so many things that I can't even fathom...which is what scares me the most.  Even though so many things are planned out, I have also have many more things that I can't understand until I have experienced this trip. I have no idea how my new siblings will like me. I have no idea how strict my new parents will be.  I don't know what to expect about going "out on the town".  I don't know how stressful school will be.  I have no idea if I will get along with the other 29 people going on the trip with me.  And yet, this is exactly why I am going.  I am SO EXCITED to experience something brand new. And so, here's to a great and memorable summer (for better or for worse).  It's going to be SO worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment